Rockformation The Pilgrims have a rich history in their homecountry The Netherlands. After an unfortunate medical event the focus was off the band for some years, dedicated the time more towards family but the band returned to the musicscene. Anno 2020 the band releases their sixth full length album. It is called “6IX” and is available now.
Rock music with bit of a mix of other genres, there is a bit of soul, a bit of pop and the raw edge to finish it all with. Although the music is not too far away from what you heard before the band has a sound of themselves. The band has created a diverse album. From the sad “Coffin For My Daughter” to the sultry “Sexy” or the more energetic “Motorway” The Pilgrims has shown themselves from a wide range of emotions. And it suits them well. These riffs in “Motorway” are interesting to listen to but the band can also surprise you with the inclusion of cello.
In the last two bonus tracks the band goes even further, a harp a saxophone and a trumpet give their songs a full sound.
The music of The Pelgrims is well-thought. There is nothing too much and never a lack of anything. The band found the balance right and with “6IX” they created an album that will entertain many people with its diversity. Too bad the circumstances at this moment are now so that you can’t see them live.
- Reniet Vrieze (vox/guitar)
- Henri van Bergen (drums)
- Dave Besse (bass)
- Roy Jansen (guitar)
- Niels Schutten (keys)
- Jasmijn de Graaff (cello & backing vox)
- Karlijn de Vries (backing vox)
- Suzan de Reus (backing vox)
- Erwin van Ligten (acoustic guitar #4)
- Who Cares Choir (backing vox #5)
- Edgar Koelemeijer (guitar & backing vox #15 & #16)
- Hans Mulder (harp #15 & #16)
- Saskia Laroo (trumpet #15 & #16)
- Victor Posch (sax #15 & #16)
- BIG SCREEN TV
- LOOKING AT THE GIRLZ
- MAN WITH A CHILD IN HIS HEAD
- FOR ELISE
- REBEL LOVE
- COFFIN FOR MY DAUGHTER
- THANK YOU
- I’VE BEEN LOVING YOU TOO LONG (Redding & Butler)
- (SITTIN’ ON) THE DOCK OF THE BAY (Redding & Cropper)