Playing in the huge Tampere Talo on the 14th of September as a support of
Uniklubi, Hollow heart took time for Tempelores for an interview. The complete
band was there to answer our questions.
– Tell us, who are Hollow heart?
Teemu: “My name is Teemu, I play bass and I also write lyrics.”
Vili: “I am Ville. I play guitar… leadguitar I guess…”
Ville : “Im … and I play drums and I write lyrics.”
Miikka: “I am Miikka, I play guitar and I sing”
Anna: “I am Anna and I play keyboard.”
– How did the band started, and how is your journey in music so far?
Teemu: “We started back in 2003. We were all friends before the band.”
– What does your music represent?
Vili: “It is melochonic rock music.”
Teemu: “There is some sadness included”
Ville: “In my lyrics there is a lot of my life and some of those lives.
It’s typical Finnish melancholic rock music.”
– When we want to get know you, we want to know more about your personality. If you would be an animal, what animal would you be, and why do you think this animal matches your personality?
Vili: *points to Miikka* “you would be a kangaroo!”
Teemu: “I am a shark… King of sea!”
Vili: “I am a cat!”
Anna: “I wanted to say cat.. but Vili stole it from me…”
-You don’t want to live in the cat’s house with him?
Anna: “well… uhm….. I would say Butterfly! Because I don’t take
things to seriously. ”
– What do you want to tell your listeners by your songs?
Ville: “well, it is cool if someone can pick something up from the lyrics,
but there is no straight message in it. It’s more about emotions we create.”
– What do you think the lyrics mean to your fans. How important are they for them?
Teemu: “For the hardcore fans it might be important. Most of the people
don’t think of it as an important issue in the music. The lyrics are kind
of important to us. If someone else likes it.. That is bonus!”
– You have released 5 singles so far. City of angels will be next. Are you working on an album?
Vili: “No.. Not yet. May be next year, if it is possible. It is quite expensive
to record a cd by yourself.”
Anna: “We will see.”
– Can you tell us a little bit about the song City of Angels?
Teemu: “Ville wrote the lyrics for that one.”
Ville: “It is based on The Crow part 2. The lyrics are about waiting on
someone you love and he/she is somewhere else.”
Anna: “It’s basically a love song”
Ville: “Yes it is.”
– What are the differences with the other singles?
Ville: “ The lyrics are more straightforward.”
Anna: “It is a little bit easier for the listener to get the point.”
– What did you expect from the gig tonight in Tampere Talo?
Teemu: “It was one of our best gigs, but I was a little disappointed…
I expected a full house. It does not change anything on our playing.
– Do you think it is difficult for new bands to stand out between big names as
HIM, The rasmus and International acts?
Vili: “There are a lot of good Finnish bands. On some day we will be bigger
then them. Maybe tomorrow.. Maybe next year.”
– How do you define the word “success”?
Vili: “Probably for all of us different, But for me… success is when
I can make a living out of my music. We need success to get there.”
Teemu: “I think we are never satisfied, we are all very ambitious.”
Anna: “we should never be satisfied. We always should find new goals.”